From the Pastor's Pen
"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it."
What an exciting time to be part of the Body of Christ at Albion Nazarene! He continues to move in our midst, answering prayers and changing lives!
· On a recent Sunday we were able to take in 8 new members! Eight more people committed to Christ, His Church, and to allowing Christ to transform their lives! Welcome Tom & Rana, Clint & June, Marolyn, Sandy, John, and Kim!
· We had a great time at Jim & Sue’s on the Sunday PM following Vacation Bible School where we were able to make new friends and enjoy time together.
· About a fourth of our congregation was able to spend the week at Pittsburgh District Family Camp. I look forward to hearing more of their praises from this blessed week at Mt. Chestnut Nazarene Center.
· Our church is a group that is willing to try new things in order to reach people. One example is our campout this Saturday evening into Sunday morning where we will be showing the movie, “God’s NOT Dead” and enjoying an overnight camp out at the church! See the details elsewhere in this newsletter. So far, it looks like the weather is going to be very cooperative. NOTE the change in Morning Worship to 9AM followed by Sunday School.
· On August 24th everything will be happening at Raccoon Park on Lake Erie. Maps will be available at the church this Sunday and next. Why are we having Sunday School, Worship Service, and a dinner away from the church? So that we can have baptism in Lake Erie as part of our Worship Service! So that we might be able to reach someone new for Christ! Everything will be the regular time, just a different location. See Pastor Connie if you are interested in being baptized.
· We have 5 children and 2 counselors (at least) going to Pittsburgh District Kidz Kamp! Imagine the impact Christ can have on these lives as they have fun while learning about Him!
· We have 5 individuals going on a domestic Work and Witness trip to Nova Scotia, Canada this month! I think that it is safe to say that Albion Nazarene has more people going on each Pittsburgh District Work & Witness trip than any other church on the district!
As I was starting to write this letter this morning I received a call from Darlene Teed with a praise that she told me I could share with you. Darlene is on a limited fixed income, but recently felt God impressing it on her to start tithing. This week she was looking at her meager amount of money left for the month and was wondering how she was ever going to make it. A while back she had sent in a magazine contest entry where you find the differences between two pictures. This week she received a check for $300 because she won first prize! You just never know how God is going to work to keep His promises when we step out on faith to support the exciting work that He is doing through Albion Nazarene and through our mission commitments in Western PA and around the world!
Thank you God for what You are in the process of doing in and through us.
In Christ’s Love,
Also from the Pastor: There is a way that you can help to support your church that will not cost you anything except a few minutes of your time! This is available to all of you who are online and can include your friends and family members who don't even attend your church! The organization is called iGive and they have given $6,256,703.91 to charitable organizations. Right now there are 8 of us from the church who have joined and we have made $56.16 for the church since we started joining in February 2012. Here's what happens. You go to the link on their site for our church and you sign up. You allow them to put an icon on your web browser toolbar. Then, when you go online to make a purchase, you will be automatically informed what percentage of your purchase will go to your church. The church will receive $5 just from you joining and then $5 more after you make your first purchase through iGive. You pay the same price for your online purchase and the stores make a donation through iGive to your church. Hundreds of sites will donate to our church through shopping that you may already be doing. Purchases such as clothing, travel, hotels, and books are just a few of the ones that can count toward the donation to our church. Carol and I just stayed at a Comfort Inn in Arlington, VA for 5 nights and about 3% of our expense is being given to the church!
I encourage you to sign up and get your friends and family members to do the same. People can even show up on our list of supporters as "Anonymous" if they prefer. If you have any questions or need help, please let me know.
Click on the above iGive button or you can go directly to the iGive site with this web address: